Student Government Allocation Fund
Leadership Development Grants
To submit a leadership development grant request, please email Gabi_Vela2@baylor.edu.
If your initiative supports leadership development for college aged students and below, in any way, we welcome your application. Baylor student organizations, campus departments, and registered Baylor students are eligible to submit an application.
Allocation Fund Request (SGAF)
To submit an allocation request on your organization's behalf, click here.
Who Can Apply for SGAF?
The Student Government Allocation Fund (SGAF) is a financial resource available to student organizations or institutional departments seeking funding for events, campus improvement projects, educational causes, and charitable endeavors that create a University-wide impact.
Information to Know
- We advise that you begin this process at least 2-3 weeks prior to the event.
- The estimated funds to be requested may not exceed 50% of an organization's event.
- Student Government encourages organizations to seek further sponsorship and outside funding.
- Please determine if you are already set up as a supplier in Baylor's financial system.
- Please be prepared to provide an on-campus mailbox or bank account, if applicable, to receive funding.
- The SGAF does not purchase assets for organizations to keep or apparel items (e.g., t-shirts, helmets).
- Funds cannot be donated directly to charity or used for prize money.
How it Works...
1. Fill out the Connect form via the above link, providing more information on your event/initiative, projected budget, and estimated funds to be requested.
2. A Senator representing Student Senate will be in contact to set up a subsequent meeting to talk through your allocation request and branding requirements.
3. The Senator will notify you of the date and time that you will appear in front of the Senate Finance Committee to present your allocation request and sign the allocation agreement.
4. You can expect to receive an update on the allocation request and subsequent payment process within a few weeks.
5. Proof of purchase of event expenses covered by the SGAF must be sent to the Attorney General.
Senator SGAF Manual
Feel free to contact Student Senate with any additional questions or concerns by contacting the Student Body Internal Vice President, Bethel Tesfai at McKenzie_Arata1@baylor.edu
Background of the SGAF
The goal is for SGAF funding to be used in a way that promotes the interests of the student body and ensures that the needs of Baylor students are met. Student Senate appropriates the SGAF each semester on a merit basis to Baylor-affiliated students and organizations who are able to effectively demonstrate that their event, project, educational cause, or charitable cause will benefit the Baylor campus.
Each student's tuition fee contributes to the Student Government Allocation Fund. This is approximately $90,000 per semester in addition to university funding. Student Senate has appropriating power as to whom this money is to be allocated. Individuals and/or organizations may apply for these funds. To do so, please click on the above link, fill out the form, and submit it online to Student Senate.